Monosemikodachrome text

Monosemikodachrome text

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Collab from Carmela Rizzuto and Esther Kamkar

The first time Carmela sent me something it was damaged in travel, so she made me something else!  A bonus.  This time Carmela wrapped her piece, a collaboration between Carmela and Esther, in an envelope.  I think the music and film border is washi tape (Vizma, Claire and Kim) but Carmela has put the film tape over something, can I call it trashpo? I love the bespoke stamp feel on the front and on the back Carmela had an official mail art stamp.  Great to have this official mail art for the exhibition!

 The collab is delicate, full of movement and complexity, like great music! Thank you!
I wonder if the cardboard protection is an add and pass too?

2 comments:

  1. Rebecca--thank you for your thoughtful words. I enjoy responding to your calls for entries. Yes, those are washi tapes on the envelope. The film tape is attached to ephemera which is also seen below in the circle. Esther's last name is correctly spelled, Kamkar. The circles on the card contain the word, women, adding another level of association for the card's meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Thank you CARmela. I have ammended Esther's name. I still don't see that spelling on what you wrote… but I should have checked! Thanks for letting me know. The words I noticed were New York and of course, women! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete