Monosemikodachrome text

Monosemikodachrome text

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Some San Francisco color for the UK - Tofu

I have seen a few characters made by Tofu in this style, and while they are exqusitie,  this is most definitely the finest TOFU mail art I have seen in the series, and it's mine! Some art has the fingerprints of the artist in it.  This clearly took lots of time but somehow Tofu manages to make it feel effortless, joyful. As Diane Keys said about something once, 'I could eat it.' But, of course I won't - instead I will admire it often and relish finding a central spot for it latterly. My scan is a bit blurry, so I will add a photograph soon, but I wanted to share this ASAP.  I adore it. 

As some of you know I used to live on the West Coast and I can still remember my first visit to San Francisco in 1978.  I hadn't been to Singapore or New Orleans yet and I remember being bowled over  by the colours of the architecture.  TOFU has captured this.  This piece just oozes West Coast light and will brighten up the MSK show enormously!

Just wow.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, a wonderful piece by Tofu in his signature style--the show is going to WOW everyone!

    ReplyDelete